I have made my first contribution to Larissa’s Meathead Knitalong. It only took about 90 minutes to knit up the hat, but quite a bit longer to decide on an embellishment. I started with some chocolate colored chenille, but the resulting crocheted flower looked like a furry turd.
So I found some lumpy, bumpy bulky burgundy yarn in my stash, which happened to have some of the same shade of hot pink as the hat. It’s not the most original of embellishments (I’m floored by the creativity and craziness of some of the KAL contributors!), but the I like how the different textures work together here: the fuzzy, but well-defined stitches of the hat; the bumpy unevenness of the crocheted flower; the smooth merino of the little leaf. It pleases me.