UPDATE: I’m clearly still getting the hang of the Haloscan — I just deleted 20 comments from this post. Oops!
Aw, you guys make me feel all better! Just to clarify, it’s not that I was going to go out and buy all that stuff tomorrow — just that I *could* have for the same $ my car sucked up. But I’m over it, and happy to have a working car, and so will speak of it no more. But be on the lookout for some de-stashing here in the very near future.
I’m switching to Haloscan for comments. I’m tired of getting awesome comments and not being able to properly respond to folks. (Case in point: CAROLYN! WHO ARE YOU, WHO WAS AT THE MORRISSEY SHOW ON TUESDAY AND LEFT THE CLEVER COMMENT ABOUT MOZZ-GIRLS??)
Finally, Ms. Bockstark tagged me for the newest version of the “weird things” meme. I in turn tag you all (or any of you who wants to take it up). Here are my weird things, some knitting-related, some not.
(1) I was a flute performance major in college, but ended up getting a degree in feminist studies instead.
(2) I am a medical marvel. Well, not really, but a friend called me that once and it stuck. I’ve had cancer (leukemia) twice, and was expected to die a bunch of times. I didn’t, which is pretty cool.
My bones are kind of wonky from all the chemo, though, so I don’t get to run or jump or skip or wear high heels, except under water or on the moon (well, the latter is only in theory — I haven’t gotten to test it out yet).
(3) I don’t mind sewn cast-offs, seaming, kitchenering, grafting, etc. In fact, I kind of love them. Very satisfying.
(4) I dislike milk chocolate, no matter how fancy or fine. But I’ll still eat it if it’s sitting in front of me.
(5) I am a karaoke fiend.
(6) I use washable cotton menstrual pads instead of disposable ones. I just ordered some new ones from my friend and neighbor Kitty Litter Creations, who also makes fabulous vegan bags, pouches, and wallets. Tell her I sent you.
(7) I knit English style (taught by my British grandmother, after whom I’m named), and I am a gripper and a thrower.
(8) I like to make cheese.